Tuesday, November 10, 2015

30 Days of Thankfulness, Day 6, 7, 8, 9: Tradition, Unexpected, Laugh, Keepsake

Well, I already missed some days...but that doesn't surprise me.  :)  There were a few days that it was more important to do family stuff or get to bed at a somewhat reasonable hour than to try to keep up with my blogging plan.  So, here goes with trying to catch up!

Day 6's theme was "Tradition."  We are big fans of tradition around here (or at least the kids and I are! ;)) and we have a few traditions that are pretty special to all of us.  Things like the Jesse tree during Advent, or honey rolls at Thanksgiving, or taking family pictures (almost) every fall.  I think our traditions are always evolving, to some extent...we add something new here and there, and suddenly it might become a tradition.  I love that.  I love how families each create their own unique rituals, sometimes on purpose and sometimes completely by accident!

I'm posting a picture of this book, Treasuring God in Our Traditions.  To be honest, I've owned it for several years and haven't yet made the time to read it!  But it looks excellent and in my browsing through, it seems to have some good thoughts and ideas for ways to make our traditions even more meaningful.



Day 7's theme was "Unexpected."  I'm honestly not sure what to post for this one!  The only thing that comes to mind was how "unexpected" our sweet Ari was, but what a blessing she is.  I feel like practically all of my recent posts are about her in some way or other, though!  But hopefully you won't mind yet another picture of her. ;)  Or two...because another one is coming up in a few paragraphs!

Day 8 was "Laugh."  We do a lot of laughing around here, and I'm so thankful for that.  Imagine a family where nobody had any fun?!  Our kids make us laugh a lot, and Jim is a funny guy too. :)  Smiles and laughter and love really make a house a home, I think!




Day 9 was "Keepsake."  I'm going to go with this picture of Ari and her Great-Grammy.  Because a picture of these two is destined to become a keepsake, right? :)

Stay tuned for Day 10...coming up!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I am having so much fun reading these. I think a baby would be an AMAZING surprise. :) I still remember how happy I felt for you all. :) Little Ari is ADORABLE. As are all your children. I totally understand how you could miss a post every now and then. I cannot go by a schedule of any kind. My blog posts are always so random and put up a few at a time as I have time.

Mrs.T said...

What a fun post! Love all the pictures! The one of Ari with the bow on her head is hilarious!

Mrs.T said...

Oops, when looking at the pictures on day 10 I realized that it was not a gift bow stuck on her head, but an actual bow in her hair. Very cute! And I love her "birthday girl" shirt (or onesie) as well!