Saturday, February 01, 2014

12 Weeks to a Healthier You Challenge check-in and update

As I mentioned in my goals post, I didn't do so great with exercise (January's focus) for the challenge this month.  I did fairly well sticking to the original goals of my "Trim Healthy Me" challenge, aside from the exercise part, but honestly I'm going to have to tweak that challenge too.  I can handle not eating much sugar.  I can normally handle drinking plenty of water (although I didn't do so well with that while sick--but I did keep guzzling tea!).  And usually I can handle exercising 3 times a week, too. I lost almost 4.5 lbs. in the past month, getting me back to my maintenance weight, and I also lost 3-4 inches overall, so I was super happy about all of that. But for the final two weeks of my personal challenge, I am dropping the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan somewhat.  I had been doing great with it for breakfasts and lunches, and I ate a TON more salad in the past month than ever, which was so wonderful!!  But this month our grocery budget is going to be really tight, and I'm not going to be buying much--if any--meat.  I'm going to have to stretch the meat we have, with soups and pasta, etc.  I just can't put the brain power into the THM plan right now, so here's what I'm going to do:

  • Separate my fats & carbs as much as possible, but not stress about when I can't.
  • Get back on track with drinking 3 bottles of water, at least 5-6 days/week.
  • Exercise 3x/week.
  • Eat fresh fruits and veggies when we can afford it, but not stress about it when we can't.
That last point is where I'm modifying Crystal's challenge.  Her plan for this month is to focus on fruits and veggies, while I feel like I did really well with this in January, but not well at all with exercise, so basically I am going to flip-flop the challenges and focus on exercise this month.  I hope that makes sense. :)  Hopefully this month I'll be more faithful about checking in weekly to let you all know how it's going!

No comments: