Saturday, February 01, 2014

January Update and February Goals

Well, January just flew by like a blur, and I have to admit to a little discouragement when I looked back and saw how few goals I completed this month! :(  We were dealing with off-and-on sickness for the entire month, finishing up with me being the sickie for the last week and a half.  (Thankfully I am feeling almost back to normal now!)  Anyway, some of my goals like exercise and getting up early completely went out the window because of that.  I'm hoping this month will be better.  Here is what my list for January looked like: 
  • Get up between 6-7 am on weekdays for quiet time, using the I Will Look Up devotional (free for Kindle today only, if you're interested!)--Nope, I haven't gotten up early for the past week and a half. :(
  • Work on my Trim Healthy Me challenge, exercising 3x/week and eating healthy--Not done.  I have been doing fairly well with eating healthy, but exercise hasn't happened for the past 2 weeks.  I have mostly avoided sugar, so at least I'm doing okay with that part. :)
  • Lose 5 lbs!--Not done--I lost about 4.5, though, so I am good with that!  
  • Read and review Pilgrimage, and The Guardian--Finished The Guardian, but not Pilgrimage yet
  • Go on a date with Jim--Nope. :(
  • Teach the kids piano every Friday--Um, this?  WHEN will I ever remember to put it on my schedule??! :(
  • Declutter entry closets and hutch--No, this didn't happen--at least not by me.  Jim did do some straightening and reorganizing in the entry closets, which was really nice!  And I decluttered/reorganized the under-sink cabinets in our bathroom, so at least a little decluttering happened around here. :)
  • Host Mom's group--No, I ended up not doing this because of being sick.
  • Have friends over for dinner--YES!!  FINALLY I can check something off!! :)  We had family over one evening, and friends over another evening.  
  • Blog 8-12 times and respond to comments :)--Oh, so close.  I only blogged 7 times but I did (eventually) post and respond to all the comments!
  • Track our spending for the month--Nope, but I don't think we did too bad with this.  At least there was still a little money left at the end of the month. :)  Gotta be a lot more diligent with that, this month.
  • List at least 5 things for sale online--DONE!  We actually were able to sell 7 items, which was a blessing.
Okay, I'm determined not to let the lack of accomplishment in January get me down at the start of this month!  Tomorrow is always a new day. :)   Most of my goals for Feb. are going to be the same or similar, but I'm going to be tweaking a few things.  
  • Get up between 6-7 am on weekdays for quiet time, using the current Good Morning Girls study, "Intentionally Focused"
  • Follow along with Money Saving Mom's "12 Months to a Healthier You" challenge (modified)
  • Exercise 3 times a week
  • Lose 2-3 lbs.
  • Finish reading Pilgrimage, and The Protector
  • Go on a date, continue with our in-home movie dates :)
  • Begin piano lessons with the kids
  • Complete office renovation (more on that in a future post!)
  • Declutter master bedroom
  • Host Moms' group
  • Have friends over for dinner or a playdate
  • Blog 8-12 times and respond to comments
  • Track monthly spending, and stick to a very tight grocery budget ($100 or less)
  • List at least 5 things for sale online
  • Take a Facebook fast for the month (starting 02/02/14)
I think that's plenty to keep me busy for a short month. :)  Hopefully by the end of it, I'll be able to have a few more goals actually checked off!


No comments: