Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Early to Rise Challenge Update


I meant to include this on my other post, but I forgot . . . so rather than edit it (again!) I decided to make a separate post.  In case anyone wondered how this little challenge is going for me, I've made some definite progress this month, slow though it may be!  We've had 14 weekdays so far in March, and I've managed to get up before my goal time (7:30) all but 3 of those days.  A few days I've even been up before 6 am, which is HUGE for me!  I'm pretty happy about this--still working toward a more early consistency, but it is encouraging to at least see some progress. :)  

Along with rising early, I've also started another challenge of sorts: the Couch to 5K program!  I'm super excited about this!!  A couple weeks ago, we were able to buy a very nice, used treadmill off Craigslist for $75.  Yippee!!  I've been wanting one for quite a while, because I really wanted to do C25K but I didn't want to do it outside--at least, not most of the year!  It's either muddy, snowy, icy, or hot and muggy for probably at least 9 out of 12 months around here, plus we live in a somewhat remote area which makes me a little nervous to run or walk by myself.  But anyway, now I can do it on my treadmill and I am in the 2nd week of the program!  So far I am really enjoying it.  It's fun to have something new to try, and a good way to challenge myself.  One of my good friends is also doing C25K--she's a week or so ahead of me--so it is nice to have some "company" along the way, too. :)  And I really LOVE the free C25K app I was able to download for my iPod--it tells me when to walk, when to run, and even gives me an optional reward after completing each workout!  I've only redeemed one of them so far, but it was 2 free song downloads from Amazon, which to me seems like a pretty good reward!

Well, speaking of exercise . . . tomorrow is my Day 2 for this week, so I guess I should probably get to bed in order to get up early and work out before the kids get up!  

No comments: