Tuesday, January 29, 2013

So much on my mind . . .

Since the holidays and starting back to school, I feel like I just don't have the blogging time that I'd like!  And I have so much on my mind to write about . . .

I think I need to readjust my schedule so I'm getting up earlier and can post before the kids wake up.  Trying to blog during the day doesn't work well, as I'm constantly getting interrupted, and we're trying to do school, and bake, and catch up on laundry and housework.  I can't believe January is almost over.  I have at least a couple posts I really want to do before the end of the month.  We'll see if I can get to them or not!

I was able to get my hernia surgery scheduled for Feb. 18, so it feels good to have that taken care of.  I'm looking forward to being on the other side of it, but I'm not exactly dreading it . . . just a little nervous.  I have had surgery once before in my life, so I pretty much remember what to expect, but I'm a bit nervous about the recovery.  Hopefully Jim will be able to take a couple days off to help with the kids and meals.  At least the kiddos are all old enough to be pretty independent at this point, which helps a lot! :)

Over the weekend, I came across this blog which is journaling the round-the-world travels of one family with four young kids . . . for the next year!  Wouldn't that be an awesome opportunity?!  I'm planning to follow along with their travels and incorporate it into our geography studies for school.   Since this is not something that our family will personally ever be able to do (most likely), it will be really neat to follow along with a family that can!

In other news, we are working on getting cable phone and internet set up.  I am soooo happy about this!  No more tying up the phone line when we want to be online.  No more pages that take minutes to load, or files taking hours to download.  I'm not sure when it'll be all ready to use, but the cable guys have been working in front of our house for the past couple days, so that's a good sign. :)

Well, now that I have chattered a little bit, I will go and post my goals for this week.  Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

2 comments:

Mrs. Smith said...

Your on my mind with your surgery. I hope Jim can get the time off. I wish I could be there to help out!

Oh, I bet you are excited about internet! Yay! I am excited for you!
Hugs to you, dear friend!

Mrs. Josh said...

Will be praying for you as you go into surgery and your days of recovery after.