Friday, December 07, 2012

A post a day--Dec. 7: 12 Days of Christmas for My Hubby

Last year, I saw this fabulous idea on one of my favorite blogs, Passionate Homemaking:12 Days of Christmas giving for your husband!  I thought this was such a neat way to keep one's spouse feeling special during the sometimes hectic holiday season.  Starting December 13, you give one gift the first day, two gifts the second day, three gifts the third day . . . etc.   I had so much fun with this last year, and am excited to do it for Jim again this year!  A few of the things I've done (and no, it doesn't have to be expensive!) are: a $5 Christmas CD, 2 Slim Jims, a pack of 8 mini Butterfingers (his favorite candy bar), a list of 9 things I love about him, a bag of 7 cookies, a 6 pack of root beer . . . you get the idea. :)  You can always use more homemade ideas to keep the cost down!

Hopefully Jim doesn't read this post, because I am looking forward to surprising him starting on Dec. 13. :)  This was really a lot of fun for me (and him!) last year, and I hope he will enjoy it just as much this year.  You can read the original post that inspired me here, and there is also another great one about the same thing on this blog.  Lots of great ideas can be found in the comments, as well!

1 comment:

syds1girl said...

What a wonderful idea! Thanks for the suggestion. I hope he likes it, of course he will. I am thinking,thinking, now! thanks again.