Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Monthly weigh-in and fitness goals--August

I decided to post this update first since I haven't made my list of regular goals yet. Here was my list of health and fitness goals for July, and how I did:
  • Complete the 30 Day Shred for a second time, this time in 30 straight days--DONE!
  • Continue to drink lots of water and limit sugar--So-so. I did great with the water, but not great with the sugar.
  • Finally reach my goal weight and hopefully even go a little lower than that--Not done. :( Unfortunately I gained 2 lbs. instead!
  • Possibly find a new challenge to tackle (in addition to my personal challenge of the Shred)--I didn't find another challenge, so this one didn't get done either.
July was kind of a frustrating month for me in this area. I was so happy that I accomplished my challenge of working out for 30 days in a row. It was one of the toughest things I've ever done (mentally--to keep giving myself pep-talks and not letting my lazy side tell me I needed a break) and it felt good to realize that I disciplined myself enough to do it. At the same time, I am frustrated at myself that I re-gained 2 pounds when I only had a measly .6 lb to get to my goal weight! I do think that building more muscle this month had a little bit to do with that, but I also know full well that I was not disciplined with my eating habits. I let lots of sugar in the door, and just overate in general. Bad, bad! Maybe I need all you friends to give me a pep- talk, too. :) While I am still in a pretty healthy range for my height, I also know I can go lower. I just have to work at it! I've been working hard all year, so I don't know why I slacked so much this month. Since we are leaving on vacation in a few days, I am not going to stress about weight loss for the next week. BUT, I am going to try to eat moderately and not snack too much (easier said than done while on vacation!!). I don't want to come home and find that I've gained 5 lbs! So here is my plan for August--at least the after-vacation part of August. :)
  • Go back to eating from a "skinny plate" and severely limiting sugar
  • Drink 3 bottles of water, 5-6 days per week (planning to do this while on vacation, also)
  • Lose those pesky last 2.6 lbs!
  • Exercise 4-5 days/week
One thing I forgot to mention was that I did lose a little bit in inches last month. I checked my measurements today and found that I'd lost another half inch from both my hips and chest. I totaled up my inches lost since the beginning of the year, and it comes to about 13.5" GONE from various areas. So I was quite excited about that!! :)

Edited to add a couple of links that encouraged me today as I was catching up on some blogs in my Reader: Both of these are from Clare at Peak 313 Fitness.
I hope they might be an encouragement to some of you as well!

No comments: