Wednesday, August 01, 2012

July update and August goals

Well, after looking back over my goals for July, I'm not so sure I want to set any for August!!! Let's just say July was a BAD month. I did accomplish my exercise goal, so I'm happy about that (and maybe I was so focused on it that I ignored all my other goals?), but as you can see, this list doesn't have much checked off on it.
  • Have a date night--DONE!
  • Have friends over for playdates and/or supper--DONE!
  • Complete 1 DIY project--I can't think of any specific, new project that I tackled...
  • Complete 2 sewing projects--Um, no.
  • Deep clean and declutter kitchen--Again, no.
  • Begin piano lessons with Sam and Julia--And again, NO!
  • Blog more regularly--Hahaha...
  • Develop a chore schedule/routine for kids and myself--What? Chores? Routines? OK, I DID print out and attempt to start following the Motivated Moms chore planner. I really really like it and I think it'll work well for me, but I'm not going to be able to get into the groove of this until after vacation.
  • Read 1-2 books--DONE! Yes! At least I did well in the reading department this month. I think I finished a total of 4-5 books or ebooks. Perhaps THIS is why nothing else on my list got done. Ahem.
So, August is a fresh new month and a fresh start for the goals list. And I'm going to keep it simple this month. No sewing plans, no big cleaning plans. If those things happen, I will be thrilled to pieces, but if they don't happen, no biggie. I am going to enjoy our vacation and then jump in with both feet when we get back home. :)

  • Finish the Prov. 31 Bible study I'm doing for devotions and then begin something new for daily quiet time
  • Have a monthly date
  • Have a refreshing vacation in Ohio :)
  • Organize school books and box up former SL cores
  • Begin school toward the end of the month (gulp!)
  • Have friends over for playdates and/or supper
  • Take kids to the park for a picnic and playtime
  • Begin following the Motivated Moms chore planner as closely as possible
  • Pick one habit to focus on this month
  • Spend another day at the beach
  • Read 1-2 books
  • Remember to relax, breathe, and enjoy each day as it comes :)
How is your summer going? I hope you all are making progress on your own goals and most of all, enjoying a refreshing summer and making memories with your families!

No comments: