Friday, July 06, 2012

June update and July goals

Well, I have really been an on-again, off-again blogger lately! I always think summer will be slow and lazy, but in reality, we are on the go a lot! I'm going to skip posting weekly goals since the week is almost over :), but I did want to put up some new monthly goals to aim for.

First of all, here is how I did with June's goals:
  • Have a monthly date--Oops, this didn't happen last month! :(
  • Have friends over for playdates and/or supper (really hoping to work out a supper this month!)--DONE! We had friends over for a playdate and hosted a Father's Day supper here.
  • Complete 1 DIY project (no idea yet what this will be)--DONE! I made homemade mayo.
  • Complete at least 1-2 sewing projects--Ummm, not done. Apparently sewing is a little too low on my priority list!!
  • Deep clean 2 rooms/areas--This didn't happen either, although I did deep clean my hutch and some bookshelves.
  • Make daily quiet time a priority--Did pretty well with this, though I wasn't entirely consistent. But it's getting to be more of a habit, which I'm happy about!
  • Begin piano lessons with Sam and Julia--Nope, totally forgot to start. :(
  • Read 1-2 books. A bit of explanation: up to this month, I've been averaging 2-3 books read per month. Over the summer, I have two very large books about homeschooling that I want to read, so I'm changing my goal a bit. I want to read one fiction book this month (The Fiddler, by Beverly Lewis), and get through as much of Educating the Wholehearted Child as possible. Plus I plan to finish reading Chasing Mona Lisa aloud to Jim. Basically I'd like to have around 4-5 books under my belt by the end of summer, but since two of them are really big and are "heavier" reads than fiction, I'm trying not to bite off more than I can chew. :)--DONE! Although the book I read wasn't the one on my list (The Fiddler--I'm about halfway through that one). We finished reading Chasing Mona Lisa and I read a little bit of Educating the Wholehearted Child, but not as much as I'd hoped. And I finished a Kindle book, Danger in the Shadows.
And here are my new goals for July. Let's hope July goes a little bit slower than June did!!!
  • Have a date night
  • Have friends over for playdates and/or supper
  • Complete 1 DIY project
  • Complete 2 sewing projects
  • Deep clean and declutter kitchen
  • Begin piano lessons with Sam and Julia
  • Blog more regularly
  • Develop a chore schedule/routine for kids and myself
  • Read 1-2 books

No comments: