Friday, July 06, 2012

Monthly weigh-in and fitness goals--July

June was a pretty encouraging month in the area of weight loss and fitness! Here is how I did with my goals:
  • Reach my goal weight (I know this may be a slightly audacious goal, but hey--I'm going to give it my best shot! :))--I came really close! Within .6 pounds of my goal. Hoping to knock out this goal, this month!
  • Continue to drink lots of water and limit sugar--Did great with the water, but not as great with the sugar!
  • Complete the 30 Day Shred--DONE! Yay!!
  • Complete the skinny plate challenge and the June Tune-Up challenge--I did pretty well with these. I didn't stick to the skinny plate completely, but I did finish the June Tune-Up and lost several pounds . . . I know the skinny plate and all the exercise helped with that. :)
Here are my new weight and fitness goals for July:
  • Complete the 30 Day Shred for a second time, this time in 30 straight days
  • Continue to drink lots of water and limit sugar
  • Finally reach my goal weight and hopefully even go a little lower than that
  • Possibly find a new challenge to tackle (in addition to my personal challenge of the Shred)
I will be so excited when I reach my goal weight or below. I'm already thinking about a reward . . . maybe getting my hair cut, and/or buying some new clothes! It is fun to look back to January and see how far I have been able to come, with God's help.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Good job, Carrie!
I've finally conquered my fear of Jillian & started using the second workout. It's tough but I think I'm starting to feel a bit stronger. I don't know if I'll ever do the 30 days straight; I'd hate to give up running for that long & I know I just don't have time to try to do both in one day.
I think a great reward would be something to pamper you - getting your hair or your nails done...it's all so fun :-)

Nikki said...

Hi Carrie,
Great job on your goals this last month. I would say keep your pretty long hair and go for the clothes. :)