Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Luscious lemons

I am a huge fan of pretty much anything with lemons in it. When I was a kid, my family would pick on me because I would actually eat the flesh and juice of the lemon wedges that came with a fish dinner at our favorite local restaurant. I don't do that anymore (well, not usually :)), but I do still love lemon! This weekend my mom brought me a jar of lemon curd that she had left over from a cake she made. (See her post and recipe here.) I was looking forward to having the whole jar to myself because Jim isn't much of a lemon fan. Then he wanted to try some . . . and ended up really liking it! So much for my plan of eating it all.

Tonight I made these lemon scones from Tammy's Recipes. I'd made them before and they are sooo yummy. I wanted to use the lemon curd in or on them . . . I ended up slicing them open and sandwiching the curd in between the layers. Jim and I each tried one this way for dessert tonight and it was a winning combination!! But the kids liked the scones too . . . and unfortunately the recipe only made 8 . . . so I think I am going to have to make some more to use up the rest of the lemon curd. :)

Any other lemon lovers out there?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm growing to like lemon more and more! Those scones look delicious. And I'm very curious to know how your mom made homemade lemon curd! I just recently made a knock off version of cheesecake factory's limoncello cake. It was SO GOOD! I highly recommend it since you're such a lemon lover! (http://forums.chotnho.com/showthread.php?t=26089&page=1) Also came across this icy lemon smoothie recipe this morning in my blog reading (http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2011/05/how-to_icy_lemon_smoothie.html). Enjoy!

Mary Ann said...

I love lemon, too! I read your mom's post & thought that I would maybe have to work that lemon curd into my birthday plan for this year :-) My mom makes a wonderful soaked lemon cake that is just about my favorite food in the whole wide world :-)
And when I was in high school & working at a restuarant I would eat lemon slices sometimes. If you have a scratchy throat it's an excellent soother!

Nikki said...

Hi Carrie,
I LOVE lemon too!! I remember eating the lemons as a little girl too.:)I still love a glass of water with lemon juice in it.It is just so good,lemon candies and lemon tea.....anything lemon.Your scones looked really good too.
I made the garlic chicken pizza from Tammies recipes today.It turned out delish.We all loved it.:)Nikki