Monday, May 23, 2011

31 Days to Clean: Day 1

I decided to jump into the 31 Days to Clean project today. I'm not sure that I'll be able to do all 31 days consecutively (since life tends to get in the way :)), but I'm hoping to get all the challenges completed by the end of June, at least. Today's challenge was to write a homemaking mission statement. I actually had done this back when I first downloaded the book, so all I had to do today was print it out and make it pretty! I'm still not sure yet where I will display this. Maybe on the fridge? Or somewhere else in my kitchen? Anyway, it's just a small card which will be a good reminder and motivation for me when I get overwhelmed and bogged down in the day-t0-day stuff. I'm not sure how well the scanned image will show up in the post, so in case it's hard to read, here's what it says:

"I purpose to make my home a peaceful haven for my family, a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests, and a clean and orderly domain that brings joy to me as a homemaker, and honor and glory to my God."

If any of you already have a mission statement or thoughts on homemaking that you'd like to share, I would love to hear them!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess i follow the 7 day cleaning process. every monday, i write down every task that needs to be done in each room. everything from windex mirror in bathroom to dust bedroom. some tasks take 3 minutes, some take 20 minutes. everyday, once i have the kitchen cleaned up and beds made i start in on tasks. some days i get one thing done, other days i get a ton done. so my house is never completely clean all at once, but everything gets cleaned at least once a week. anyways, that is what works for me and it might work for someone else. take care and good luck on your cleaning mission.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,
I like your statement. I downloaded the book but have not had the time to look at it yet. I am hoping to look at it over the next month or 2 and maybe try for July. Things are a little too busy to organize now :)
I love the picture of the kids (earlier post), they have grown so much since we saw you last. Have a great day! -Joey

Mary Ann said...

I love the wording of your mission statement. I should think of one myself...
I need to check out this 31 day deal. And soon. It can only help, right? :-)

Nikki said...

Hi Carrie,
I have really enjoyed trying to get more organized but I have a long way to go.:)I want to look up this book sometime.I find my cleaning/organizing time is limited but it is fun to try.Thanks for the encouragement.Nikki

Mrs.T said...

I love the wording of your mission statement too. I have one, but it is longer and less concise. I guess the bottom line is the same as yours.

I try and follow FlyLady's zones. It really helps me to get something done in each area of the house and to concentrate on a specific zone each week. I've found too that it really helps me if I can try and schedule necessary tasks for a particular day each week, and to make a weekly schedule so I see exactly what needs to be done and what activities might be going on out of the ordinary in my week. Having said that, though, I have really fallen down on scheduling in recent months. It does help if only I will take time to do it!