Anyway, this past year I have especially had a hard time being organized . . . even more than normal. Part of it is my own lack of motivation (read: laziness), part of it is being way too easily distracted (I'm a total SHE--sidetracked home executive), and part of it probably has to do with adding in homeschooling. So I aim to get my ducks in a row this year! Here are a few goals to get me started:
- Create a workable cleaning routine for our home
- Give the kids chores to do and be consistent in requiring them to actually do them!
- Declutter our whole upstairs!!
- Read (and use!) at least 2 books about organizing
- Keep up with the dishes--as much as possible, get them all done each day so they don't pile up to the ceiling ;)
Another goal which doesn't really have anything to do with housekeeping, but sort of fits under the domestic category, is to make something homemade every month. Most of these will probably be sewing or crafting projects (since I already make a lot of our food "homemade," and I hope to try some new-to-me things in the process! I am hoping to start up the "Homemade Life" feature on my blog again, posting something at least monthly in that category.
*So those are a few of my homemaking goals . . . do you have any? Anyone want to join me in my journey to a more organized year? :)