Wednesday, March 17, 2010

One step closer . . .

I've been meaning to post pics here for almost two weeks, and keep forgetting . . . anyway, I wanted to show you our latest home improvement. On March 4, Jim and our friend Nathan installed hardwood flooring in our living room!!!! We were able to buy some tigerwood flooring off Craigslist for less than half the normal price, from a builder in a nearby town who had it left over from a job.

I took the kids to my mom's for the day, so we would all be out of the guys' way. When I left that morning, here is what our living room looked like:By that night, this is what it looked like:Isn't it gorgeous?!!! I love it! Now all of the floors in our house are finally finished. The next big project will be kitchen cabinet doors. After that, we have lots and lots of trim to finish, all over the house . . . and the back hallway needs to be mudded/taped/painted (unless we end up covering the walls in wood, which is a possibility). And of course there is still some siding and trim to finish on the outside. We still have a goal of getting the house completely done by Thanksgiving . . . I'll keep you posted on how it goes. It definitely feels great to have it one step closer now that this floor is done!! :)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

THRILLED for you - it's beautiful!!

MaryAnn said...

YAY!!! I love it! Hardwood floors are just the most beautiful. We have them throughout our little house but they are old & in need of being redone. Someday...
I'm so excited for your progress. It's a great feeling, isn't it?

Mindee said...

I heard they were beautiful and I'm glad to get to see a picture. I love the color!