Monday, October 05, 2009

Works of God Monday

It’s been a while since I’ve done a Works of God post, but I’m glad to finally take the time to do so today! It is so awesome to see God at work in our lives and in the lives of others. Yesterday was the beginning of evangelistic/revival meetings with the Pettit team at our church. What a blessing! Steve Pettit’s messages were very challenging and encouraging, as always. Hearing him makes me feel like I’m back in college. :) And the team’s music was amazing, too. I really don’t know who all reads my blog (other than friends and family), but if any of you readers happen to live in the Concord NH area and have a free night on Weds. or Fri., you would be very welcome to come over to the services at Trinity Baptist Church! Weds. is Family Night and Friday is an Irish sacred concert. Both services start at 7 pm, and you can get info and directions to the church here. I don’t know if we will make it to both Weds. and Fri. nights or not, but we’re hoping to make it to at least one of them!

Another thing that is awesome is to see God at work in our children’s lives. A few months ago, I had blogged about Sam’s profession of faith. Ever since then, when we would talk to him about salvation, he didn’t really seem like he remembered or was sure he was going to Heaven, so we weren’t sure if he had really understood or not. We kept praying for him and bringing it up now and then, trusting God to work. One Sunday a few weeks back, I heard him “witnessing” to Julia. I asked him again if he was going to Heaven and he replied that he didn’t know. He seemed to be kind of hung up on “not knowing the right words to say,” so we sat down and went over the plan of salvation again, and I explained that he didn’t have to say some exact words, just pray what was on his heart and trust Jesus. This time he wanted me to come in his room with him as he prayed. I sat and listened as he prayed such a sweet little prayer, and I think he really “got it” this time. Of course time will tell . . . but we pray for fruit that remains!

Finally, I’d just like to praise God for all the work He’s allowed us to get done on the house over the past few months. Even though Jim has been working fairly steadily, he’s still had some free time to accomplish some big projects, and it’s been a real encouragement to see things moving along!

So those are just a few things I’m praising God for this week. How about you? Head over to Jenny’s blog to join in with Works of God Monday!!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Ohhh, I really wish I could come to the services at your church this week! I have always wanted to attend one of their Irish sacred concerts. However, the commute would be a little unreasonable ;-)
So sweet to hear of Sam's faith! I'm sure the Lord has great plans for his life.
Thanks for sharing!

Mrs.T said...

So exciting to hear all that God is doing. I have really seen Him answering prayer in the past few weeks, too. I tend to be a little slow... sometimes it takes me awhile to wake up and realize, "Oh, yeah.. that was an answer to prayer!"

And Sam's faith is definitely part of an answer to a prayer I pray every day.

Love the new photo at the top and the fall background, too!

Jenny said...

We always enjoy the Pettit team's visits! Glad you got in on a little bit of it! Sorry you were sick this week - feel better soon!

It is very exciting to watch the growth of our kiddos.