Saturday, October 10, 2009

What's for supper? :)

{image from www.sxc.hu}

Tonight at our house, we will be having alfredo veggie lasagna and Italian garlic bread. Mmmmm, just the thing for a chilly fall evening. Oh yes, and apple pie for dessert!

I am a little bit bummed because it looks like we won't be able to make it to church tomorrow. Tomorrow will be the final services with the Pettit team, and we weren't able to go to either of the ones during this week, due to Julia having a tummy bug on Weds., and Josiah having a runny nose yesterday. Now Julia and Josiah both have runny noses, and Jim got the tummy bug last night . . . so I think we better all stay home. :( Why oh why do we always seem to get sick when there are special services at church?!

Today I did a few errands in the morning, including visiting one of the local thrift stores. I found a really cute summer shirt for only $2--couldn't pass that up, even though I won't get to wear it till next spring sometime! I also dropped off some clothes at the children's consignment store; hoping to get a good amount of store credit from those to stock up on a few things for this winter!

Tonight it's supposed to possibly get down in the 20s, so I'm going to pick all the roses that are still blooming, as well as the hydrangeas (which are well past their prime, but still have a bit of color). We'll get to enjoy them on the table for a little longer! Yesterday I picked the last of the garden produce, which wasn't much--a handful of green beans, two green tomatoes (which I am going to fry--a first for me), and our one cute little cucumber. We had such high hopes for that garden, but it was rather disappointing . . . however, I have a few ideas of things we can try next year to hopefully improve our harvest. :)

Well, that's just a little quick rambling update on us. Thanks for all your comments on the ceiling and everything last week--sorry I haven't had time to respond to them individually, but I do really appreciate you guys taking the time to comment. :) I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! What's for supper at your house? I'd love to hear! I can always use more inspiration! :)

5 comments:

Beth P. said...

Sounds like you have had a productive day with a fantastic dinner to finish it off with! I am going to try a vegetable garden next year, I think, and want to plant the same things you just listed here. I am going to do research this winter so I am prepared!

Unknown said...

Your dinner sounded WAY better than mine! Chloe and I went out shopping and did a cheap (and not tasty or good for you) dinner out. But I found her a few pairs of shoes from thrift/consignment shops as well as some winter tights. Still on the hunt for a winter coat for her!

Jenny said...

love, LOVE the photo in your header. So adorable! :-) Our dinners have been lacking lately - too many projects and not enough time! Last night we had frozen chicken strips and green beans. Eeeeewwww. But the kids got to bed on time, ha ha. I'm hoping for some homemade chicken noodle soup today - and maybe some zucchini muffins. We will see how that goes!

Mary Ann said...

sounds like you had a yummy supper - sorry bout your sickness! I spent Friday night at my second job & as I recall I had either a slim fast shake or a soup at hand. We are technically not supposed to eat there but we can have drinks so I try to find something I can slurp for dinner - otherwise I get almost sick from going from lunch at noon to working until 9 with nothing to eat. I hope you are all feeling better today!

Mrs. Doug said...

I know how you feel about missing church... not only don't you feel good or those you love don't feel good, but then you miss that fellowship. Sometimes it just cannot be avoided. Hope you're all feeling better soon.

Well, I don't know what's for supper tonight, but Sunday we had roast duck... it was so incredibly good... not because I did the cooking 'cause I never cooked one before, but the Lord made that meat so delicious for us.
We also had fresh winter squash and cauliflower/carrots. It was a great meal... and I probably will have the "leftovers" tonight.

Mrs. D