Saturday, July 11, 2009

At the Fireworks

We had a fun time last night at a local small-town fireworks display. Actually, for such a tiny town, it was a pretty good show! I snapped a few pictures, but not many of them turned out very well. I'd need to play around with the settings to figure out what works the best, and I ended up needing to hold Josiah most of the time. But that's OK--I'd rather have the snuggle time with my little guy anyway. :) He fell asleep in the car on the way there, and then was rudely awakened when the noise started! After he calmed down, though, he did just fine--as long as he was cuddled up tight in my arms. I didn't get any pics of him, but here are some of the rest of us:

Sitting on the car roof gave us the best view!

Excited Sam

Julia

Me 'n my sweetie
The show didn't start till close to 9:30, although it was supposed to begin at 9. By the time it was about halfway done, Sam started saying how tired he was and that he was having trouble keeping his eyes open! We ended up loading them up and leaving just before the finale, but that's OK--we all had a good time even though we didn't quite stay till the end! We were thankful for the opportunity to make another fun family memory. :)

No comments: