Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fun fabric

We made a quick stop at Joann Fabrics after church this morning . . . I had a 50% off coupon that I wanted to use. My plan was to buy some white eyelet to make a dressy summer shirt that I could wear with different floral/print skirts; however, I wasn't that impressed with the different eyelet fabrics I found. Too thin and stiff for my liking, so I ended up with a sort of dotted Swiss fabric, which was a bit thicker and seemed like it will hang more nicely. Then, I couldn't resist the cherry seersucker print--it was so bright and cheerful! I plan to make a dress or skirt for Julia. I bought 2 yards, so I will have plenty to work with. I am even contemplating making a matching skirt for me, but what do you all think? Is it too "kiddish" for a grown up? Probably . . . At any rate, it will make a fun "something" or more than one thing for her!

On the docket for this week: Sewing! But first, I have to neaten up the house tomorrow, and take Josiah to his 1 year checkup. Then, I will make time to create! I have matching skirts all cut out for me and Julia, and my hope is to make matching shirts (from the white material above) to go with them . . . and maybe (hopefully) wear them for Mother's Day. But as that is *only* 2 weeks from today, I am not sure if I will get everything done. I'll keep you posted! :)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Too funny! I bought the same cherry fabric to use in an Etsy creation. I can't wait to see what you come up with! :-)

Unknown said...

Adorable fabric! I say go for it and make something matching for you. Bright spunky skirts are in at any age!

Oh my, you certainly are ambitious. But then again maybe you just have way more energy than I do. I've been working on a dress for Chloe for months now and I'm not even to the zipper yet. Arrghh.

Can't wait to see your mother's day projects!

Billy said...

It's very pretty cherry fabric from Joann Fabrics... I like your choice!!