Saturday, April 11, 2009

Fashion experts--help please! :)

I'm not sure how many of you read my blog on Saturdays, but I need some advice here, so if you happen to read this, please tell me what you think! I didn't do too well planning shoes to go with Julia's Easter outfit. White would be the obvious choice, but all she has are white sandals that are almost too small. I was going to buy her some new white shoes at Walmart, but I balked at spending $10 on new shoes for her, so I checked the consignment store. I found some white shoes that would have been great, only they were too big (so I bought them anyway, for next year!), and then I found these cute purple ones for $4.25, so I bought those with the hope that they might match her dress. As you can see, they don't . . . but now I am down to the wire! So, if you were me . . . would you go with the purple shoes anyway (with white tights), or the white (almost-too-small) sandals (with dressy socks or tights--I don't think it's going to be warm enough for bare feet)? If it was summer, I'd definitely go with the sandals/bare feet, but not in early April in NH! She LOVES the purple shoes, by the way, so I will probably keep them no matter what . . .
I know that shoe color is not a big deal in the grand scheme of life, but I just wanted to hear your opinions about my options. :D My only other option is her shiny black Mary Janes, which I don't think would look right . . .

And I may be able to check one more thrift store today. Thanks for any help you can give!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote the purple with tights. They match close enough to the dress. Have a nice Easter Markey family.

mindee said...

I'd do the white sandals with socks. Maybe you could keep them off in the car and just put them on before you go in the building, if they aren't comfortable, being on the smallish side. Love the dress and I'm sure she'll be darling in whatever shoes she wears. :)

Mrs.T said...

The purple ones look just fine to me... and there are some purple flowers in the dress print. And since she likes them... I'd go for purple.

Rachel said...

I would definitely have her wear the purple shoes. You are going for a coordinated look not an exact match anyway;). She will look darling in whatever she wears.

I LOVE dressing my boys up in their Easter outfits each year. I wanted to get Michael a new pair of saddle shoes but time is slipping away and I am just too tired to go out and look for a pair. It looks like his brown ones will have to do.

Ben and April said...

I think the purple shoes would look very cute w/ the dress!! That is what I would do.

Carrie said...

Thanks ladies! I think I will go with the purple shoes, since you have all made me feel that they will look fine with the dress. :) And I would have had to buy her some dressy socks, as she doesn't have any that fit anymore--I tell you, this girl's feet are growing too fast! :) And since I didn't get out to a store today, that seals my decision. :) Thanks again, so much!

Unknown said...

I'm late to chime in with advice but I agree that the purple shoes with white tights are the best bet! Even if the purple shoes are a tad darker than her dress she'll still look super cute! I bet she'll think she's super special (and she is) in her purple shoes since they're so colorful and unique. Can't wait to see the Easter pictures!