Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Homemade Life


Well, I had a nice bloggy break, although I still did surf the net a bit during my downtime (i.e. nursing time :)). I refrained from opening my Google Reader, though! It'll be interesting to see how full it is when I finally open it!!

I didn't get as much done around the house this week as I'd hoped, so next week it may be time for a spring cleaning challenge! But I did get some homemade things accomplished. I finished Julia's Easter outfit, in plenty of time for Easter . . . which is amazing, since I'm notorious for leaving things till the last minute. Here are a couple pictures (I'll post better ones of all the kids after I take some pics of them tomorrow):I love the sweet little bloomers!!
I also got skirts cut out for Julia and me. I'm hoping to make us matching outfits for Mother's Day.

And I made Resurrection Eggs, following instructions similar to these. We are opening them and talking about the Easter story throughout the weekend, during our family Bible time. They are a big hit with Sam and Julia!

I also dyed eggs with the kids today . . .
. . . and made these cute little birds from Family Fun magazine!So what homemade things did you do this week? Or do you have some neat links you'd like to share? I'd love to hear!! And, sorry I didn't get this post up yesterday . . . we were quite busy with the Easter egg project! I hope you all have a lovely Easter as we celebrate our Savior's resurrection!!

2 comments:

mindee said...

I love it all...the dress, the bloomers, the eggs, the birdies. What a fun week!

I made a small lovey-sized rag quilt this week for someone from church who just had a baby. I was able to use leftover flannel and minkee I had from another project. :)

Mrs.T said...

The birds came out so cute!! It sure looks as if the kids had so much fun with the project. What a wonderful mommy you are! And Julia's dress is adorable too... love the yo-yo embellishment.