Saturday, April 04, 2009

Change of plans . . .

So, we started off this morning to go to Leadership Conference. Sam had kept everything down after that one brief throwing-up incident yesterday, and seemed fine this morning. I forgot to pack a breakfast of any kind for the kids, so we made a quick stop at Dunkin Donuts for some munchkins--Sam ate a couple and Julia had just one. She started acting a little funny a little while later, and complaining that her tummy hurt. My suspicions were aroused, so I gave her a plastic bag with instructions to use it if she needed to! When we were about 5 minutes from the church, she started throwing up, of course mostly missing the bag. :( As soon as we got there and got parked, I started cleaning her up, only to have Sam start in with his own little (actually rather big) vomiting episode. Lovely. Jim dashed into the church for a bunch of paper towels and we cleaned them up as best we could, then turned around and headed home. I can foresee a full afternoon of laundry to clean up the carseat covers, clothes, etc. It's definitely a bummer to have to miss the conference, but I know that is God's plan for us today, for some reason. I'm praying that the kiddos are all better by tomorrow . . . we really want to be able to make it to church!!

For today, I need to busy myself with laundry, cleaning, and making bread, since I have a free afternoon that I didn't expect. Maybe I'll even have a few free minutes to sew!

No comments: