Sunday, April 05, 2009

Birthday ramblings

Today is a different kind of birthday for me than what I was expecting. For several months I was really looking forward to my birthday weekend, because I was really excited about Leadership Conference, and also this Sunday. Our former pastor was going to be speaking at the conference, as well as Dr. Bob Jones III, and they were also both going to be speaking at church today. I thought, what a great treat for my birthday!! Well, God had other plans . . . and I am trying to be thankful in ALL things, but it's challenging sometimes, you know?! Instead of going to church today, the kids and I are relaxing at home. Although Sam and Julia haven't thrown up again, they are still obviously not feeling well, and we didn't dare take them. No need to expose other kids to this little bug! Julia has been in tears a lot since she got up, and Sam is in a good mood, but very quiet and subdued. You know how you can just tell when your kids are not themselves? Well, that is where we're at today.

I know it will still be a good day, just different than what I was planning. :) Yes, it's disappointing, but we will survive! And we'll pray that Jim, Josiah and I can all avoid the tummy bug, too! After reading my friend Linda's post this morning about the bug that has been going through their family, I realize that we are very fortunate to have gotten off so lightly. :)

So we're going to have a very low-key day around here. I may even have time to write a couple more posts throughout the day. And I'm going to request a nap as a birthday present! For now, I better get going. I have a big five-year-old boy trying to climb in my lap. :)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Get well soon! I am home today with our sick kiddos too. Hopefully THIS will be the last cold in a long time. *sigh* My "big boy" is asking for his church clothes and so sad that daddy left without us. :-S