Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A sweet surprise

This afternoon, the kids and I went to visit a friend of mine and her two little boys for a few hours. We had a lovely time, with lots of chatter for the mommies and lots of playtime for the little ones.

When we got home, Jim was hard at work making more bread slicers. I noticed that he had also taken the time to clean up the (very messy) kitchen--loading the dishwasher and also washing a bunch of things by hand. Awww, what a guy! Then after supper, he pulled out another surprise--a homemade birthday cake and homemade ice cream, that he also concocted while we were gone!! My birthday's not till Sunday, but he thought this would be a good chance to surprise me since I was going to be gone all afternoon. What a sweetie!! We didn't get any pictures because the camera battery wasn't charged at the time, but anyway . . . both goodies were super yummy. Chocolate cake with peanut butter cups hidden inside, and vanilla ice cream with peanut butter cups. (Yes, peanut butter cups are my favorite candy of all time. :)) It was such a special treat and really made my day. I love my hubby so much!!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

What a guy! I'm glad he made you feel so special & I'll be praying that the bread slicers sell. They are so nice looking & I'm sure very well made. I hope you have a very happy birthday day on Sunday!

Mrs.T said...

Wow, what a wonderful surprise!!! And how yummy that cake and ice cream sound! He must have hidden that cake well for you not to have noticed it.

Rachel said...

How thoughtful! It sounds like he should take up cake making and cake decorating:). The both of you could sell homemade cakes - hee, hee. Happy Birthday - a few days early:).