Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Back on Track Challenge, Week 2

Well, I did so-so with the first week of the challenge. Some days I did really well getting up around 6 am and doing my whole morning routine, but other days I got up too late, or the kids got up too early, and those mornings didn't get off to such a good start. A big thing I need to work on is getting to bed earlier, too, which will help me get up earlier. I'm one of those people who seem to need right around 8 hours of sleep to feel my best and function well. I actually long for the old college days, when I could survive just fine on 6-7 hours a night. But I was over 10 years younger then, too. :)

So, in the coming week, I hope to really work on going to bed between 9:30-10 pm every night, and getting up around 6 am. I've found that 6 is really a good time to get up, because that gives me time for a shower and quiet time before the kids get up (usually they wake up between 7-8 am). At any rate, I feel like I am beginning to make some progress in this area, and it's encouraging! I'll continue to try and post about how I'm doing, week by week.

No comments: