Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Josiah at 9 months

I can't believe my baby turned 9 months old on Saturday! I wanted to make sure and update about him, because he is suddenly doing all kinds of new stuff. He had his checkup yesterday. He is up to 18 1/2 lbs. and is 27 3/4 inches tall. I haven't been giving him baby food yet, although we are feeding him little bits of food off our plates, and he eats lots of Cheerios and Gerber puffs. I've given him little bits of guacamole and pumpkin, and he liked those somewhat, but wasn't interested in eating more than a few bites. I'm going to gradually try getting him used to more food over the next weeks, though. And pretty soon he will be able to chew, since his very first tooth poked through yesterday!!! Sam took this picture of me and Josiah--it's not the best of him, but I thought it was funny anyway since it looks like he is saying, "Mom! Don't squish my face!" :)
My favorite new thing that Josiah does is say "Mama" (or usually "mamamamama"). He just started this last Thursday or Friday, and it's so cute. I love it! I think he is the first of our kids to say Mama consistently before saying Dada, although I think I've heard him say Dada on occasion, too. He is a very proficient crawler now, and has been pulling himself up to stand and cruise along the furniture for the last 3-4 weeks, too. His attention span is getting a lot longer now and that's another thing I love--that he will play by himself for quite a while now, without getting bored. :) He also tries his hardest to keep up with, and interact with Sam and Julia, which is a lot of fun to watch. We sure do love our little guy!

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Happy nine months to Josiah! He sure is a cutie-pie. I love when little ones start babbling a lot - there is just something so precious about their little voices.

Mrs.T said...

He is so cute! Having seen him just the other day, if I had to pick one word to describe Josiah, it would be "engaging". He is so eager to interact with people, catching their eye and smiling.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! I don't think it will be long and you'll be running after him! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he is 9 months!!He sure is adorable and looks just like his big brother & sister.
Did my e-mail make it? -joey

Kara said...

I can't believe he's 9 months already! I remember being glued to your blog just waiting for all the gory details of your homebirth. :)

Anna is almost 6 mo., I tried to feed her a little rice cereal tonight and she kept gagging... I'll take that as she's not ready?