Saturday, December 13, 2008

Input Requested: Little Girl Gifts

OK, I need some ideas from you all! I have to admit that I'm having a hard time coming up with what to get Julia for Christmas. Sam is easy--there are tons of things that he loves, and his main gift is going to be an electric train that we found on a great deal (shhhh--don't tell!). :) We are also getting some new wooden track for all the kids to share. But for some reason, Julia is not so easy. She should be--after all, I was a little girl once!--but mainly I remember the things I liked when I was an older girl.

She already has several baby dolls and stuffed animals, she has some Little People stuff and is getting more for Christmas from other family members. I was thinking about a game as part of her present--maybe Cariboo? It sounds like a fun one from the reviews I've seen. Any other ideas for a 2 1/2 year old little girl would be welcome!! Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A tea set is always great for any little girl Carrie.Margie

Unknown said...

I wouldn't recommend a game yet - sounds like Julia's too little to get into a game though I've never played cariboo. What are the age recommendations? I know that Chloe is almost 3 1/2 and she'd much rather have pretending stuff (dress-up clothes, stick pony, silk flowers, aprons, hats) than a board game. Chloe did really like (and still does) wooden puzzles. Melissa & Doug make some great ones - I especially like the wooden princess doll one. Does Julia have a toy kitchen? There are lots of great food/cooking sets out there (again, Melissa & Doug brand are favorites here). Or baby doll accessories (i.e. changing pad, diaper bag, baby carrier) would be good. Chloe also really enjoyed playing with a wooden mailbox set (Melissa & Doug makes a fun one with wooden postcards, mailbox, and velcro stamps).

Hope those ideas get you started! Let us know what you decide to get!

Anonymous said...

One that came to mind was a kitchen. Or maybe some play food and a shopping cart. Maybe a stroller for her babies. Good luck!

Jenny said...

Aaron is this same age, and I was going to suggest dress up clothes. His little friends (who are girls, and some boys) love to play dress up - even just a stack of funny hats and shoes can keep them entertained. I'm making a superhero cape this year for him to play with.

Aaron also LOVES stickers - I'm actually going to wrap up a blank book of paper and some stickers for him this year. He's getting a great tool bench that Michael found at a sale for $5. We got off cheap this year!! :-)