Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Countdown--December 9/10/11/12

Yikes! Can't believe I'm 4 days behind with my countdown posts. Maybe that just means I've been too busy doing stuff for Christmas and haven't had time to blog about it. :) Here are a few things we've gotten done:

~Wrote the Christmas letter, addressed and filled the envelopes, and have them *almost* all ready to mail.
~Figured out what to get for a few hard-to-buy for people and ordered those gifts yesterday.
~Placed a humongo order with Amazon yesterday for a bunch of people! Now, if only Amazon comes through for us. I'm a little frustrated with them right now! On the website it specifically said 7 more days to order for Christmas with free super saver shipping. Now, I love Amazon and I love their free super saver shipping. Usually our stuff comes very quickly even with the free shipping. But when I placed the order, they told me that 14 out of the 15 items in the order were not due to ship till Jan. 12!! Only one (the one item shipped by another seller) is due to arrive before Christmas. Jim told me to go ahead and place the order and hopefully they will ship it soon. If not, we can cancel and give everyone an Amazon gift card instead--but I'm praying we won't have to do that! I don't mind giving gift cards, but overall I think it's more fun to choose presents, wrap them, and let others have the fun of unwrapping them. :)

I still have tons to do and I'm a little panicked that Christmas is now less than 2 weeks away. And my house is seriously falling apart at the seams--I have SO much housework to catch up on, it's not even funny! Tomorrow I'm going to stay home all day aside from a quick trip to the library. I'm hoping to tackle the vacuuming, clean the bathroom, catch up on laundry, and work on a handmade present or two. I still have at least two that I need to finish. Oh yes, and we're all out of cookies so I need to bake. And make fudge. And chex mix. And take a deep breath and try to enjoy the wonder of the season. :)

I have a ton of links I want to share, but for now I will have to put that on hold. I need to head for bed! Hope you all are getting a lot more done than me!

2 comments:

Mrs.T said...

I haven't gotten a lot done in recent days either, but I did get 2 batches of cookies stashed away and some decorating done yesterday. I've posted a bit on my Christmas blog, and have some vintage Christmas cards up on my regular blog if anyone is interested in taking a look. I think I've finally figured out what we're giving almost everyone, and most of it will be homemade. There are just a couple of items I need to figure out.

I sort of like doing the decorating bit by bit. It reminds me of the wonderful story "The Twenty-Four Days Before Christmas" which we loved reading when our kids were younger.

Hoping for a productive day today!

Anonymous said...

In the last few days, we've gotten our tree, I got most of our cards ready to mail, and I've written out our menu for our family Christmas at our house.

I still need to shop and bake ahead for our family Christmas, buy a few little presents for teachers, and put together a few homemade gifts.

I really need to motivate myself this week!