Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Christmas Countdown--December 3

Today's project was Christmas baking! Of course, there's no telling if the baked goods will actually last until Christmas, but that's OK. :) I'll definitely be freezing at least a third of the cookies we made, though, which should help. Here are a bunch of pictures from our baking frenzy of the morning, when we made cut-out sugar cookies. The kids had sooo much fun helping!

Enthusiastically cutting out:

. . . with great concentration:
Happy little bakers!
I had to include this next picture because of the funny story that goes with it. I was backed up against the opposite counter, snapping pictures, and Josiah was in the Ergo on my back. All of the sudden, Sam started hollering, "Mommy, MOMMY! Josiah, JOSIAH, LOOK OUT!" (or words to that effect--can't remember exactly!). Apparently I snapped this picture just before I turned around to see what was going on--which was that Josiah had grabbed my glass measuring cup off the counter behind me and proceeded to drop it on the floor!! Thankfully it didn't break!
Adding the sprinkles:
. . . with great gusto!
And the best part: Enjoying the finished product!
After Julia and Josiah went down for their nap, Sam and I mixed up another batch of cookies--molasses crinkles, this time. I'm still working on baking those this evening (the dough had to chill for a few hours before I could make them). And I'll probably save some to do tomorrow. We also made a batch of White Christmas Candy, which came out pretty good. Next time I'll use candy canes instead of peppermints, though--the peppermints in the candy are a little too chewy, in my opinion.

Anyway, that was pretty much our day! Tomorrow I hope to decorate a little more, but our day will be rather busy in other ways, so I might not get a lot done. Thanks to everyone who is sharing your Christmas preparations!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Looks so good and fun, can't wait to do that project with my boys..and I just found out there's a cookie exchange Saturday so we will be doing that sooner than later. I got my Christmas letter written today.

Anonymous said...

We finished decorating and also worked some more on Christmas gifts for family.

Mrs.T said...

I got some of the hutch decorated and also got the creche set up on one of the shelves. Baked some cookies called Fudgy Mint Cookies; easy cookies with a thin mint on top of each. I hope to post that recipe on my blog, maybe today if time allows, but it's a pretty busy day. Continued working on a crocheted Christmas gift; think I have one row left on that.