Saturday, December 20, 2008

Anybody want some snow?

We've got plenty to share! At least a foot, and it's still falling. And we're supposed to get another storm starting tomorrow night. We don't have to dream of a white Christmas this year, we've got one!! Here's part of our backyard:
And our new firewood shed that Jim built this fall, as well as our snow-covered vehicles:
Sam and Julia love playing in the snow. I've decided that I have a love/hate relationship with that whole process. I love the fact that they enjoy going out, getting fresh air, playing (mostly kindly) together. I do NOT enjoy the process of getting them ready to go out in the snow, however. So many layers! I especially don't appreciate getting Julia all decked out to go outside, only to have her come back in after 5 minutes, telling me she has to go potty. To get her all undressed and on the potty, only to have her tell me she doesn't have to go. To keep her inside for about the next 15 minutes, hoping she'll actually decide she does have to go, and finally give up and get her ready to go back out with Sam. Only to have Sam decide that he needs to come in right then. To have Julia assure me she still wants to go out, even without Sam. To get her all dressed up again, only to have her change her mind. Is it any wonder I have a love/hate relationship going on here?! :)

Anyway, winter is here in full force. Lots of fun! And in other news, I am now the mommy of a crawler! Josiah has been mobile for a month or so, rolling or scooting all over the place, but last night he officially figured out how to put everything together and crawl. It's so cute to watch. I took a video, but won't attempt to put it up here, since with dial-up it would take FOREVER to load it.

Hope you're all having a lovely day!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I do! I want some snow! Send some to us in Ohio. It's going to be a green Christmas here if we don't get dumped on soon. Glad to see someone has a white Christmas!