Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful


Well, I never got around to posting yesterday after all. But we had a really nice Thanksgiving! I had great fun decorating the table, using some ideas from Martha Stewart's site for the runner and place cards, and borrowing a napkin ring idea from my sister-in-law Joanne. I also pulled out some fall/Thanksgiving themed candles and holders that had been given to me a few years ago, and moved a bowl of artificial leaves from the hutch to the table for a centerpiece. Above is a picture of the table . . . not the best since it's also covered with dishes, but it gives you an idea of how it looked.

Sam and Julia were quite excited about our special dinner and the decorated table. Before we prayed, we had them each tell a couple things they were thankful for. Julia was thankful for the candles and Mommy. :) Sam was thankful for Daddy, Mommy, Julia, & Josiah, and the food. And later he thought of a few more things like snow, ice, dirt . . . you get the idea. :) Later in the evening, my parents came over for a while and we ate pie, and fudge, and watched "White Christmas" together. All in all, it was a fun day!

Here are a couple pictures of what I'm thankful for!

I also wanted to share some other blessings that God has given us just in the past week. He allowed us to finally sell our Suburban, which we'd been trying to sell since last summer!! It happened just when we needed it to, and we were so thankful. He also provided a job payment that Jim had been waiting on for a while, for a job he had finished a couple months ago. Praise the Lord!! We were especially grateful for these financial blessings, as we have a couple large bills coming due in December, plus we are planning our annual trip to visit Jim's family and were praying that we would be able to afford to go. God knew just what we needed and when we would need it. :)

Another "little" thing that I am thankful for (although it's big to me!) is how smoothly Julia's potty training process is going. (And thanks to those who left encouraging comments about that, too!) She is definitely ready. And she's getting the hang of it really fast. Oh, we've had our share of interesting accidents, but overall I'm thrilled with how well she's doing, and am so proud of her. :) How wonderful it will be to have only one in diapers before too long!!

Today we ventured out to some of the Black Friday sales and got a few pretty good deals. Jim and I both got new slippers, and I was able to get a pair of black Mary Janes for church--I'd been wanting some for ages, and was thankful to find some on a great sale at Bass, that were exactly the style I wanted. Yay!

Well, I suppose I should quit gabbing and go throw some laundry in the washer before bed. I am excited about heading full speed into the Christmas season and hope to share some of my holiday preparations and plans here on the blog over the next few weeks. This is one of my very favorite times of year!! :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Your table looked really nice! I'm so glad that you had a nice Thanksgiving day with your loved ones:).