Saturday, June 30, 2007

Recent happenings

Well, it seems like the past week has been super busy! I guess we have been on the go a lot. This coming week should be more normal, I think. Here are some fun things that we've done in the past week.

Last Saturday: Took the kids to Clark's Trading Post, which was half-price last weekend for NH residents. It was a very chilly day, although mostly sunny. We all had a good time!

Waiting for the Russian Family Circus to begin
A happy little guy!
Riding the train was a highlight of the day, of course!
These are the two bears who did the show, the day we went. Their names are Echo and Pemi. Here they were taking a little siesta on the roof of their house before the show. :)
One of the bears gets an ice cream reward from trainer Maureen ClarkTuesday: This was our first beach day of the summer. The weather was perfect--sunny and in the high 90s! Sam actually enjoyed getting in the water, which was a good change from last year. :) His favorite part was riding around on our friends' inflatable whale.
Julia had fun, too, but she's not too sure if she likes the water. She did like playing with the sand a little bit.
Friday: We met up with two old friends (girls I've known since I was a kid), Stacy and Lori, for lunch and shopping. Lori was home on a flying visit from Germany, where she lives now. We had a wonderful few hours of catching up on the past couple years since I've seen them! Jim was gracious to come along with us, and took the kids to Home Depot and some other stores so I could have some "girl time" (aka uninterruped shopping/talking time). :) I was also thrilled to find a few good deals!! I got a dress for $14.99 at Christopher & Banks (marked down from $59.50), a pair of my favorite jeans at Eddie Bauer, also for $14.99, and a jean skirt from Eddie Bauer for $7.49 (original price also $59.50). Woohooo!! I love finding good deals. :)
Well, my little sweetie just woke up from her nap, saying "uh-oh!" (her newest word). So I'd better get going and tackle some more housework. I had big plans for today, but so far not much has gotten done! Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what an eventful and fun-filled week you had! How close are you to the beach? Is it a very long drive? That family circus thing looks so unique! Where-ever do you find these cool things?

Mary Ann said...

It sounds like you've been on the go! I'm sure it was fun to get together with old friends. I love that sense of everything being the same even though it's been along time since you've seen each other. That's Lori Demlich isn't it? I remember her from school. It's great that you all got to be together!

Rachel said...

How special to get together with long-time girlfriends. My best friend lives on Kodiak Island up in Alaska. When we get together, it's like we were never apart:).
Sounds like you had a fun-filled, memory-creating week.

Carrie said...

Alicia, we're about 1/2 an hour from the beach (lake, not ocean). Clark's Trading Post is a place we went to as a family most every summer while I was growing up. It's so fun to share it with our kids now! :) The circus was actually only a little part of it (and it's not really a "circus" although they call it that). It's just a family--mom, dad, and 2 teenage daughters--who perform balancing acts, limbo, and contortion acts. It was neat to watch, but the bear show is better!

Mary Ann, yes, that was the same Lori you remember from college. She's been a great friend for many years and I'm glad we're still in touch, even though she lives so far away now!

Rachel, I know--isn't it neat how good friends can just pick right up where they left off? I love that! That's cool that your best friend lives on Kodiak Island. My hubby has this dream of living in Alaska someday . . . I don't know if we'll ever do it, though. I'm not sure how well I would handle the short summers and LONG winters!