Friday, March 16, 2007

Pizza dough


I promised my friend Tracy a while back that I would post my pizza dough recipe, and I'm finally getting to it! This was originally a calzone dough recipe from my good friend Mrs. N. My mom adapted it for making in the bread machine, and this is the result. It makes a 12-14" pizza, or a large calzone. We have pizza about once a week, usally on Sunday nights after church. Sometimes I will make a pan style pizza with a different dough recipe, but that is a lot more work. This is my "old faithful" for a quick and easy pizza.

Bread Machine Pizza Dough

1 c. warm water
1 T. olive oil
3 c. flour
1 T. sugar
1 t. salt
1 1/2 t. yeast

Put all ingredients into bread machine pan, in order suggested my manufacturer. Set to the dough setting and turn on. When cycle is completed, turn dough out on a floured surface, and roll out to desired size. If making a pizza, add sauce and toppings and bake at 400º for about 12-15 minutes. If making calzone, top the dough with cheese and toppings of your choice, then roll up jelly-roll style, and bake at 375º for 25-30 minutes. Slice, serve, and enjoy! (If making calzone, serve with warm spaghetti sauce for dipping.)


And here is a link to a post I did a while back, where I included two other pizza dough recipes. The first is the one I used before I found this one, which we like even better. The second is a wheat pizza dough with spices in it, which is also really yummy. Those are both bread machine recipes, as well.

Happy pizza making!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Thanks Carrie, I printed everything out, and I'm looking forward to trying them. That's a great idea to bake two loaves of bread so I get it over with in one day. The bread machine takes too long when we want bread for lunch. Have a wonderful weekend.

Carrie said...

Tracy, I hope the recipes work well for you! After I posted about only making 2 loaves a week, this week we have gone through almost a whole loaf in just a couple of days--what's up with that?! :) So it looks like this week may be one in which I'll have to bake bread twice.