Friday, December 15, 2006

Hello from Ohio!

Well, we safely arrived at Jim's parents' home around 3:45 a.m. We had a very good trip and both kids did well, for the most part. (Thanks in part to the portable DVD player we got at Sears on Black Friday. :) It didn't make Julia's trip any easier, since she can't face forward in the carseat yet, but it was very helpful for Sam!) Both kiddos warmed up to their grandparents right away. We visited for a couple hours or so, then went to bed and slept till about 9:30 a.m. As I type this at 4:43 p.m, everyone but Julia and me is napping. Julia already took a nice long nap, and I don't feel all that tired right now. I will tonight, though, I'm sure!

It's so nice to be here and I'm looking forward to the week ahead. The rest of the family arrives tomorrow, and then things will really be active around here! With 4 little boys under the age of five running around, plus Julia scooting around, I'm sure it will be noisy, crazy, and all around fun. :)

Thanks to those who commented that Jim should market the marble towers--unfortunately he can't do that, because the plans are not original to him and they come with the stipulation that you can't make them to sell. However, they make great gifts!! Although they are a lot of work, they are so cool, and are a great "old-fashioned" toy. I think a lot of times the adults of the family have more fun with them than the kids!

Now it is a few hours later . . . we have had a nice, relaxing day after our long and tiring trip. Sam is in train heaven, as his Papa (Jim's dad) has 2 train tables set up with a bunch of electric trains. Sam has also gotten to go outside and explore the farm a little bit with Jim, as it was a beautiful day here, in the 60s. We will have our Christmas celebration on Sunday; I will definitely post pics of that eventually. I'll also try to post pics from our own little Christmas, which we celebrated as a family on Monday night. Yes, it was early!--but seemed to be the best time for us to do it, rather than waiting till we got back home. Besides, we will be having another Christmas with my side of the family, and then probably yet another one when my sister and family visit in February! So, the season will definitely be stretched out this year. :)

Here's a happy boy, jumping for joy at Papa's house:

Hee hee . . . for those of you who are very observant, you probably could tell this is not a picture of Sam. :) But it is a picture of Sam's daddy, about 25+ years ago! Doesn't Sam look a LOT the same as Jim did? Jim's mom made up a little album for me, of pictures of Jim through his growing up years. I've had so much fun looking through it and seeing how much Sam resembles his daddy. It's funny, because for the longest time people would always say how much he looks like me (and I can see that, too) . . . but as he grows older, he's looking more like Jim.

Well, I'd better get going for now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it safely to Ohio! Those DVD players can be a lifesaver, I know. :) That picture of Jim is cute. That was a neat idea his mom had to give you an album. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your visit. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord for a safe trip! Where in Ohio are you again? How long of a drive was it? How did Julia do? She sounds like a very laidback baby girl! Enjoy the family!