Friday, October 27, 2006

A little chatter

Hope you all aren't sick of pictures of the kids, but I just had to share these from the past few days. They are so funny sometimes!!

What a BIG grin!

In her cozy fleece poncho and cords (everything she's wearing was handed down to us from others, and it all makes such a cute outfit!)

Sam loves to hold Julia! This is a funny expression for him, but I think he was in the middle of saying "MILE MILE MILE!" (smile smile smile), which is what he usually says while getting his picture taken.

I love their expressions in this one.


Today we went out for a walk. I'm hoping to get back in the habit of going for walks on the nice days, even if it is only for 20 minutes or so. I really need to get myself back in better shape and drop some more of these post-pregnancy pounds. (Nice alliteration there, if I do say so myself, LOL!!) :) Anyway, on the way back we met up with our neighbor, Mrs. A, who was also out walking. She is an older lady, a widow, and is sweet but a little forgetful. She goes for a walk every day, even in the dead of winter--what an inspiration! Anyway, after she asked who we were (she's talked to us a lot before, but usually forgets who we are) and I had refreshed her memory :), we chatted for a few minutes. This was actually her first time to meet Julia. She says that Sam and Julia have "star sapphire eyes." :) I was glad we had run into her because Julia's hat had fallen off and I couldn't reach her head to put it back on, because she was in the Snugli backpack. Of course the first thing Mrs. A said was, "She needs a hat!!!" so I explained the situation and she put it on for me.

I've started boiling some chicken to make chicken pot pie for supper. It is so yummy and comforting on a chilly night. It's a bit of work, but I'm hoping to get most of the prep done while the kids are napping--which means I'd better get busy and do it! I also hope to balance our bank statements and do a few other things around here.

I'm sorry I haven't been responding to comments too quickly lately . . . I do appreciate each one of them, though, and will try to do better. I hope everyone has a great weekend, and don't forget to set your clocks back!! (Yay for an extra hour of sleep!!!)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Zan, I know--she is a chub all over! :D