Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Fall Cleaning Challenge, Part 2



Well, I didn't get as much done in our bedroom as I had hoped, but that's OK. I will just plan to tackle more of it in a few weeks. This week I'm going to work on a different area--the Flylady zone of the week--entry and dining areas. We have a front and back entry, both of which are in need of a good decluttering and cleaning. We also have a kitchen table which tends to accumulate clutter--papers, books, etc. so I will need to find new homes for that stuff. I'd also like to do some cleaning on our deck. Here's a partial list of things I would like to get done this week (I'm sure I will think of more as I go!):

* Sweep and straighten deck
* Hang up hose and extension cord on deck
* Wash French doors inside and out
* Find a new home for the stepladder that's been living in the front entry for the past couple months
* Declutter front entry
* Vacuum rugs, mop floor in front entry
* Dust baker's rack, hutch and bookcases
* Organize inside small chest of drawers
* Declutter kitchen table and chairs
* Wash back entry door inside and out
* Sweep back entrance stairs


And here's what I've accomplished so far today:

* Decluttered and partially reorganized back entry
* Vacuumed rug and mopped back entry
* Washed work clothes and jackets from back entry
* Took all the recycle-ables downstairs to the garage
* Started organizing small chest of drawers and moved all my rubber stamping supplies to a Tupperware box


So, if I keep at it, I will have a busy week ahead! Anyone want to join in on this challenge? Feel free to comment with your progress! :)

2 comments:

Mrs.T said...

I'll gladly join in! We're leaving on vacation in a week, so it will be nice to return to a less cluttered porch, for one thing. (Of course, this involves getting *MR*. T to put away all of his tools he's been using on the living room ceiling project. And it would be nice to get that wagon wheel light fixture back up, too. But I'll do what I can!) I'd like to shopvac the porch, wash the front door inside and out and wash down the porch furniture -- even though it will get very dirty over the winter. Also put a fall tablecloth on the porch table.

If there's time, I'd love to do some decluttering in the dining room -- especially inside the corner cupboard.

We'll see how far I get!

Carrie said...

Thanks for joining in! Sounds like you have a lot of good goals (although I'm sure you're thinking more about packing for vacation at this point!). I'll plan to keep doing more challenges in the weeks ahead.