Friday, September 29, 2006

Julia at 5 months


Our baby girl is 5 months old today! I can hardly believe how fast the time is flying by. Here are some new things she's doing:

~Giggling (especially with or at Sam)
~"Talking"--she loves to chatter away to herself, her toys, and other people
~Getting better with eye/hand coordination--she likes to grab toys and put them in her mouth
~Getting a longer attention span
~Loving to play in her "Hop 'n' Pop" (similar to an exersaucer)
~Touching faces and reaching for glasses :)
~Growing a (very little) more hair
~Getting increasingly chubbier!

She hasn't gotten any teeth yet, although she constantly chews on her hands and drools. She also hasn't shown much interest in mobility, as in rolling over or trying to scoot around. She does love to grab her feet; I'm just waiting till she figures out how to put them in her mouth. :)

The first picture was taken this past Sunday. I got the adorable little outfit at our local children's consignment shop, for about $4.50, if I remember correctly. It's a little big on her, but not too bad. I wanted her to be able to wear it some before the weather gets too wintery.

This picture was taken a couple weeks ago, one morning before she woke up. I just love the way babies look when they're asleep--so peaceful, beautiful and precious.


I finally ordered this baby book for Julia! Can't wait till it comes, so I can catch up on the past 5 months before I forget too much!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Thanks! I think she is precious, too. :) And these last 5 mo. have flown by all too fast . . . it's hard to believe she's nearly half a year old!