Monday, April 25, 2005

Lazy Day

I came down with a bad cold over the weekend so I've been feeling pretty lazy today. I did have a busy morning; I had an eye dr. checkup at 8:15 and then I made an appt. with my regular dr. to get checked out because I had a UTI that just hasn't been going away. I was glad I went, since she checked out my cold symptoms as well, and prescribed an antibiotic to treat both the UTI and the sinus trouble I was having. Yesterday I could hardly breathe through my nose at all most of the day, which was very annoying! So now I'm all druggged up, between the antibiotic and Dimetapp. But at least I can breathe now!!

Jim stayed home today to watch Sam while I went to my appts. and then to keep Sam busy later on while I got a nap. Actually we all ended up taking a good nap this afternoon, then later on when both the guys got up, I got to sleep a while longer. So all in all it was a pretty lazy day for all of us.

Yesterday afternoon our discipleship class from church was having a get-together for lunch at the group leaders' home. It was a large group, since everyone was invited to bring their families. It was nice to get to know some of the people better and also get to know their kids a bit. There are some moms in our class who are really hurting and dealing with difficult situations at home; it really is a good reminder to me of how blessed I am. One of the moms has 5 children, the youngest being just a week or so older than Sam. The poor little guy has some physical problems, including some problems with his heart so that he has a pacemaker, and has been in and out of the hospital for a good deal of his young life. Watching him, and then looking at my healthy little boy zooming around, I just realized again how very blessed we are to have a healthy child. We take that for granted so often, I think . . . but his good health truly is a gift from God.

Today I received some books in the mail that I had ordered a couple weeks ago from No Greater Joy. I'm very excited to read these; they look excellent. I had had their book "To Train Up a Child" recommended to me by at least 3 people since having Sam, and I wish I had gotten it earlier. It looks really helpful. We've been enjoying Dr. Dobson's book "Bringing Up Boys", as well, and we also have his book "Dare to Discipline." It's nice to have several different child training materials to read over and get some helpful advice from. The book I'm probably most looking forward to reading from the ones I got today is Debi Pearl's book, "Created to be His Help Meet." It has received excellent reviews, and just from starting the first few chapters and looking it over, it looks great. I think it's going to give me some fresh perspectives on being a Godly wife and how to best help and understand my man! :)

Well, I guess that's all the news from Lake Wobegon . . . :) I seem to only get around to writing in this on Mondays, but that's OK . . . maybe eventually I'll do more, but at least for now Mondays are a good day to catch up on everything, including my blog. Hope everyone that reads this is having a wonderful week and remembering to count their blessings!

No comments: