Saturday, November 23, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness: November 21-22-23


Oops, missed a couple more days!  So here are three things I'm thankful for (counting today too):

1. A special time of praise & thanksgiving & a dessert fellowship with our church family on Thursday night!

2. A talented hubby who can fix almost ANYTHING.  He's awesome. :)  Today he fixed his truck starter, which has been on the to-do list for a few weeks.  Thankfully it wasn't a super expensive fix and the truck starts much more easily again now!

3. A phone call with my lil' sis yesterday.  We hadn't caught up in way too long, but I just so happened to call on a day when most of the kids were at their grandma's and she was home with just the baby.  So we had a peaceful, uninterrupted conversation (amazingly my kids were playing happily the whole time too) for over an hour--I'm not actually sure how long it was because I lost track of time!  I DO know it was way longer than the 20 minutes we planned to chat. ;)  So, she didn't get as much office work done as she planned, but she and I both got a bunch of housework done while we visited!  It was so much fun, and I'm so grateful that my sister is still one of my very best friends even though we live way across the country from each other and don't get to visit in person very often.  And since she sometimes reads my blog . . . Hi Jo!  Love ya! :)

1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

Having a handy hubby is definitely a huge blessing! That's wonderful that you got in a good visit with your sister - small children can definitely make uninterrupted times a challenge! :) And dessert fellowship - sounds like a sweet time to me! Hugs, dear friend!