Tuesday, November 12, 2013

30 Days of Thankfulness: November 12


I think this is such a cool date: 11/12/13. :)  And next year we get to enjoy 12/13/14!!

Today I am thankful for extra snuggle time with my sweet Josiah.  Poor kid woke up with an upset tummy and wasn't feeling well for most of the morning.  It's all too easy for me to get frustrated with the change of routine that sickness brings, but this morning I was able to relax and just enjoy comforting him and snuggling with him in our bed, watching him sleep . . . even hearing him talk a little bit in his sleep. :)  This little boy has just captured my heart so much, with his big blue eyes and his freckles (I always wanted to have one kid with freckles--always thought it would be a girl, but instead God gave me just the right little boy with a spattering of them on his nose :)).  

Sometime along the way I started telling him I was "filling up his love tank" by giving him snuggles.  So lately if he thinks I haven't hugged him enough at bedtime, he so sadly tells me "Mommy, my love tank isn't filled up enough!!"  Makes me laugh and sigh at the same time, because he is growing up all too fast . . . so glad he is still small enough to want those snuggles, and I will treasure them as long as I can. :)  AND, I am also very thankful that by lunchtime and for the rest of the day he was feeling much better!

No comments: