Thursday, August 01, 2013

Goals for August

I haven't been doing so well with goal-setting for the past month or more, but now that summer is starting to wind down and I'm thinking ahead to the fall (and hopefully a more organized school year!) I'm hoping to get back into the swing of goal-setting.  So today I got out my handy notebook and started making lists.  It feels good to get back into the habit!  Here are my goals for this month:

  • Keep up with daily Bible reading (I am still on track with this--yay!!  Furthest I've ever gotten in a "through the Bible in a year" program)
  • Order and organize school curriculum and other materials
  • Register kids under our umbrella school
  • Take one family camping trip/visit Plimoth Plantation (end of August)
  • Have friends over
  • Read at least 2 books
  • Post 3-4 book reviews on blog
  • Run 3-4 times a week
  • Finish 1-2 sewing projects
  • Continue our Friday adventures
  • Take a social media fast again
  • Celebrate our 14th anniversary(!!)
  • Do some deep cleaning every week
I also wanted to update on how my "Put One Foot in Front of the Other" challenge went in July.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to accomplish my goal of running every single day.  :(  I started having some issues with a pulling/burning feeling where the mesh was placed in my hernia surgery, and Jim felt I should take a break from running to see if that made a difference (which it did), so I only got in 22 days of exercise instead of the 31 I had hoped for.  But 22 days is a lot better than none, so I was happy with that!  I had hoped to walk/run at least 50 miles for the month, and I ended up with 41.25 miles.  Thirty of those were running miles, which was even more exciting, as that does average about a mile run per day for the month (if I had run every day :)).  

For August, I want to be careful not to overdo it with the exercise, so hopefully I won't have the issues again.  My plan is to run 3-4 times a week, taking rest days in between.  I might throw in some 30 Day Shred workouts here and there as well, if I feel like it.  I could definitely use some tummy toning again . . . :) 

I have SO many other things to blog about from this summer.  I'm hoping to do some much-needed catching up in this little space over the coming month before we jump back into school!

No comments: