Monday, July 01, 2013

July's personal fitness goal: running/walking challenge

I had hoped to post about this last night in case anyone wanted to join in, but you can still join in, even if it's a day or two late. :)  This month I am hoping to take off the 4+ lbs. that went on over vacation, and I also want to be super consistent with my running, so I decided on a little personal goal,which I am calling the "Put One Foot in Front of the Other Challenge." :)

I ended up taking 2+ weeks off from running and exercise of any kind during June, due to being sick first and then being on vacation.  So last week I jumped back in and ran on the treadmill 3 times.  I definitely have a little work to do to get back to where I was before taking those weeks off, but it's a start. :)

So my goal for June is to get on the treadmill every. single. day.  Some of you may remember that last July, I did the 30 Day Shred every day . . . so this is similar, just running/walking instead of shredding. :)  (I still really like the Shred too, but for this month I want to keep it simple and do everything on the treadmill.)  My goal is to run at least 1 mile every day (plus extra walking).  By the end of July I would like to have run 3.2 miles at least once (I didn't make my goal of getting to that point by the end of June, obviously).  I'm going to keep careful track of how many minutes/miles/etc. I run and walk each day, and tally them up at the end of the month.  Maybe if I get more than 50 miles, I will give myself a prize. :)

Anyone want to join in or come up with your own challenge?  I'm also going to try to eat fairly healthy, but for this month my main focus is going to be exercise.  I'll let you know how it goes! :)

1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

I'm going for it, Lord willing. :)