Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Weekly Goals 06/11/13

I'm a little late getting these posted, but I wanted to update on my progress from last week and share my (very few) goals for this week.  Here's how last week went:

  • Keep up with daily Bible reading--Almost done (caught up on last week's today)
  • Read 2 chapters of Choosing Gratitude--DONE!
  • Complete week 36 of school, plus academic testing--DONE!!! :)
  • Exercise 5-6 times--Not quite, only got 4 times, sadly!
  • Get up by 6:30 am every weekday--Accomplished this every day except Friday
  • Drink 3 bottles of water, 5-6 days--Nope, only got 2-3 days, I think
  • Renew Medicaid application for kids--DONE!
  • Plant the garden--Didn't happen till Sun/Mon, but it is DONE now! :)
Here are my new goals for this week:
  • Rest and recover from a cold that hit the kids and me over the weekend
  • Pack and bake stuff for our trip to Ohio (leaving Fri. or Sat.)
  • Try to drink a decent amount of tea/water every day (this is always hard for me when I am sick!)
  • Leave the house semi-clean, if possible :)
My exercise schedule has completely gone out the window since getting sick.  I'm sad about that, but I'll get back on track after our vacation.  I've kind of just been in survival mode this week, which is frustrating, but I'm resting in the fact that God knows best and He must have known I needed a little downtime, even though I feel like I have a million and one things to do before Friday.  Thankfully today has been better, except for a bad headache and a bit of a cough for most of the day.  

I've been reading the book Choosing Gratitude, and I have to say it's really helped me to focus on things to be grateful for about being sick, instead of complaining all the time.  So I made a mental list of things I'm thankful for and decided to post it here. :)
  1. I'm thankful that this is the first time any of us has been sick since November!!!!!  That is a really big deal, and a huge blessing.
  2. I'm thankful the cold didn't hit until we had finished our last week of school.
  3. And that it hit before our vacation!
  4. I'm thankful I still got to enjoy a date with my hubby on Sunday night, even though my head was totally stuffed up and I couldn't taste much of the yummy Chili's food. :)
  5. I'm thankful for time to rest and relax and get lots of reading done!
  6. I'm thankful for lemon zinger tea with honey. :)
  7. And for a husband who doesn't mind meals that are simple and boring when I don't feel like cooking.
  8. And for a 9 year old who was a big help to me in making soup tonight!
  9. I'm thankful that I felt well enough to get the garden planted on Monday, before it started raining.
  10. I'm thankful for steady, soaking rain today, watering those seeds. :)  (Okay, that doesn't have to do with being sick, but I thought I'd throw it in there anyway!)
I probably won't be able to blog while we're on vacation, but I hope to get a few posts up before we leave, if I have time.  If not, I'll be back sometime toward the end of the month. :)

No comments: