Saturday, March 30, 2013

Good Reads: February and March

I let the month slip by without posting about the books I read in February . . . so here's a little recap of both Feb. and March. :)  Of course, I already reviewed two of these this week, and another review will be forthcoming soon, hopefully!

In Feb. I finished reading Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe (review coming soon). I loved this book and highly recommend it!




My fiction read for February was Crime of Fashion by Chautona Havig.  I have really enjoyed reading many of Mrs. Havig's books, which she often makes available for free on Kindle, over the past year.  The Hartfield Mysteries (of which Crime of Fashion is the 2nd) are quite possibly my favorites of all her books so far, although the Past Forward series is a very close second. :)



Alexa Hartfield is a famous mystery writer, living in the small town of Fairbury.  She is famous for her unique vintage wardrobe (one of the things I love about her!), and ends up becoming a partner in a clothing business,but then her friend, the business owner, turns up dead.  Now Alexa and her friend Officer Joe have another real crime to investigate . . .


In March, I finished The Tutor's Daughter (reviewed earlier this week) as well as Cleaning House (ditto).  I've already started into a new fiction book to review, and I need to pick a new non-fiction for April!  I have quite a few choices on my shelf and my Kindle . . . just gotta narrow it down to one. :)  I'm happy that so far this year, I've been able to keep up with my reading goals!

1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

Hi Carrie! I hope you and your sweet family have a very Happy Easter!