A new month already!! Time to set some new goals. January flew by and I didn't get as much done as I'd hoped (of course :)), but I'm happy that I was able to cross off at least a few things. Here's how January went:
- Get up by 7 am on weekdays (I've already failed on this one, but I'll keep working at it!)--Not done! Gotta keep working on that self-discipline. :)
- Keep up with my daily Bible reading schedule--DONE!
- Exercise at least 15 times--Not done. I only exercised 7 times, then stopped because of hernia issues. It was rather disappointing, as now I'll have to wait till a month or so after surgery (I think) before I can start up again.
- Read 2 books (my current goals are to finish Desperate and Cleaning House, both to review here)--DONE! I did finish two books, but not the ones I planned to! I'll post more about those separately.
- Blog at least 10 times--DONE!
- Have one date night--Sadly, we didn't fit one in this month. :(
- Complete weeks 14-17 of school--DONE! Actually, we finished week 18, so we are halfway done with the year--yay!!
- Plan & begin baking class with Sam--Not done.
- Begin piano lessons with Sam & Julia--Not done--not sure WHEN I will get to this!
- Teach all three kids various parts of bathroom cleaning--Not done.
- Homemaking habit: Make beds daily (and teach Julia and Josiah how to make theirs; Sam is already an old pro at this!)--I'm calling this a work in progress. :) Our bed was made almost every day (might have missed 4 days or so?) and the kids' beds were made more often than not. We are getting there!
- Declutter kitchen cabinets--Got a little start on this, but nowhere near done!
- Have friends over--DONE! We were able to have two families over for supper this month.
- Spend no more than $300 on groceries (normally this number would be lower, but we have some bulk food purchases to factor in this month)--Umm, not done! Oops. I'm not sure how far we went over, but my guess is about $50. I was doing really good keeping track until sometime last week.
And here are my goals for February. Some of these may get shelved depending on how energetic I feel after my surgery, but I'm hoping to knock some of them out (like bedroom decluttering) beforehand. I'm also thinking I may get more than 2 books read this month, as I have some downtime after the 18th. :) Maybe I'll have time to make a dent in those homeschooling books I was going to read last summer and barely started . . .
- Get up by 7 am on weekdays
- Keep up with daily Bible reading schedule
- Begin a more in-depth Bible study--possibly the Luke study from Good Morning Girls
- Complete weeks 5-8 of health & fitness challenge
- Read 2 books
- Blog at least 10 times
- Have one date night
- Complete weeks 19-21 of school
- Begin baking class with Sam
- Teach kids how to clean a bathroom
- Have friends over
- Work on decluttering master bedroom
- Spend no more than $400 on groceries (setting the bar higher this month because of more bulk purchases--and kids who are eating more lately!! :))
- Have surgery and recover
And now . . . I am off to rustle up some supper for my hungry gang. Hope your month is off to a good start!