Friday, February 22, 2013

A little update . . . and bragging on my hubby!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers this past Monday as I had my hernia surgery!  Everything went very well and although I have been sore all week, it's definitely getting better every day.  I was especially thankful that I was able to manage the pain with just Advil rather than prescription meds--that way I didn't get any of the not-so-fun side effects. :)  I don't think I have an exceptionally high tolerance for pain, but I figured after having three babies, I should be able to deal with a little tummy pain without super strong meds. ;)  I am also very thankful that I was able to have the surgery done laparoscopically.  This means I only have a small (1 inch) incision near my belly button, and two smaller "pokes" lower on my tummy.  Although the muscles inside are sore all over, there is very little pain from the incisions themselves, so that part is really nice.  And after 7-ish years of having a hernia, it is super nice not to have one anymore! :)  The surgeon said that everything went just as it should have and there were no issues or complications with the surgery.  I have to go back in early March for a post-op checkup and I can't lift anything heavy for several more weeks, but after that I'm looking forward to being back to normal again.

I also wanted to take this post to brag on my sweet hubby.  He was able to take the whole week off, which has been such a blessing!!!  On top of that, he has willingly jumped in to help with so many things.  He did the bulk of homeschooling this week, he had the kids helping out with all kinds of things (I about fainted when I came out to find Josiah doing dishes one day!!), he cheerfully brought me food and vitamins, made me smoothies, got the kids to bed by himself, changed the sheets on our bed, made some phone calls and answered others, fixed a bunch of things on the Suburban, let me sleep in every morning . . . seriously, he is a total keeper!! :)  Thanks to him, things at home have run very smoothly and I believe my recovery has been much easier and quicker than it could have been.  So . . . thank you, sweetie!!!  I love you so much and am so blessed to be married to you! :)

I have another post I've been working on for weeks (literally!) that I hope to get posted later today or tomorrow, which will be more of a random update on other stuff.  I hope all of you are having a great week!

No comments: