Monday, December 17, 2012

A post a day--Dec. 17: Weekly Goals

Time to update on last week!  It was another one of those so-so weeks.

  • Complete week 3 of Advent study--I missed a few days, but made them up at the end of the week, so I'll call it DONE. :)
  • Complete week 13 of school--Almost done, just gotta do two days' worth of read-alouds
  • Get Christmas letters typed and printed--DONE!
  • Send Christmas cards--Nope.
  • Make 2 kinds of cookies and peanut butter balls--Um, no.  But I did make ONE kind of cookie! :)
  • Finish listening to Oliver Twist and post review by Friday--DONE!
  • Completely clear counters--Didn't get this done.
  • Vacuum & mop kitchen--DONE!
  • Vacuum living room--Not done
  • Pay property taxes--DONE!

And here are my goals for this week.  It seems like I have a LOT to do in the last week before Christmas, but I'm not feeling stressed about it.  We're taking this week off from school so I can focus on baking, crafting, wrapping, shopping, mailing, etc. . . . and especially spending time with my family. :)

  • Complete final week of Advent study
  • Mail all Christmas cards (MUST be done this week!! :))
  • Get together with friends
  • Complete all present orders 
  • Wrap everything that's left
  • Bake cookies with the kids
  • Make peanut butter balls and maybe some more fudge
  • Mail two packages
  • Possibly have a date
  • Drive around to look at Christmas lights with the family
  • Straighten up living room and vacuum to get everything spiffy before Christmas
  • Shop for special food for Christmas day
I think I will call that good for now.  I probably have several other things that I'll think of during the week, but this covers the basics.  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this time of year?!  And how thankful I am for Amazon, which makes Christmas shopping so much easier?!! :)  Mail is more exciting this time of year too.  We're done with all the political ads (thank goodness!) and getting cards and letters from friends almost every day.  Packages, too!  Keeping the mail lady and the UPS drivers busy. :)  Last night and today we got a few inches of snow.  The kids had a wonderful time playing out in it, and later they decorated a gingerbread train.  The pieces wouldn't stay together, so they decorated them separately, like cookies.  They came out really cute!  Last night and tonight we let them stay up a little later than normal and played some games.  It'll be time to get into a better schedule after New Year's, but for now we are loving the slower pace and the relaxing family time.  I'm trying to store up each of these moments in my memory, loving on my kids and my hubby more these days.  

Hope everyone's week is off to a good start!!

No comments: