Sunday, October 14, 2012

8 Week Weight Loss & Exercise Challenge

So, I have a confession to make . . . I really fell off the healthy eating/weight loss/exercise wagon over the past month or two! Thankfully I've pretty much maintained the same weight through the summer, but I haven't lost anything (and consistently kept it off) since early summer.  I am struggling with portion control and just plain laziness! ;)  I still have 3.2 lbs to get to my first goal, and I am determined to get there before the end of the year!!  It would be really sad to have planned a whole year to lose a certain amount of weight (in my case, less than 20 lbs!) and not achieve that goal!  I know I have built up more muscle than I used to have, but even with that, I should be able to take off those last 3 stubborn pounds.  I  knew I needed some more motivation, as I do better when I have something to challenge myself toward, so I went searching online again for some kind of challenge.  I came upon this 8 week challenge from Six Sisters Stuff, and it sounded just like what I wanted.

So I'm starting tomorrow and hoping to accumulate a reasonable amount of points this week!  I'm wondering if any of you would like to join me, either officially or unofficially?  All you have to do is download and print out a PDF of the weekly charts and the food journal, then keep track of your points each week.  You get points for various things like exercise, avoiding sugar, drinking water, eating fruits and veggies, etc.  If anyone wants to join in and help keep me accountable, let me know!  And if not, that is fine!  I'm hoping to update my progress here on the blog each week to help me stay motivated, too.

I'll admit I'm a little nervous that I will slack off and not stick with this challenge, which is one good reason for making it public. :)  8 weeks is a long time, but hopefully it will help me build some good habits and give me some good results, too.

No comments: