Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Weekly Goals: 05/29/12 (and Memorial Day weekend recap)

Yay, I'm back to weekly goal setting again! Well, I actually set goals last week too, but I never got around to posting them. :) Rather than update my goals from two weeks ago, I'm just going to list the new ones for this week. A lot of them stay the same from week to week anyway. :)
  • Exercise 5 times
  • Make daily quiet time a priority
  • Drink 3 bottles of water, 5-6 days
  • Complete cleaning in extra room
  • Start deep cleaning entry/dining area
  • Lose a little weight
  • Finish Daily Feats challenge
  • Blog 3 times
  • Write note to a friend
  • Continue in marriage devotional with Jim
  • Plant the garden
  • Finish reading The Messenger
  • Make new monthly goals for June
We had a really nice holiday weekend and I hope you all did, too! On Saturday we jumped into a spur-of-the-moment project--building a stone wall around the space where we planted apple trees and some small fruit bushes (blueberry, raspberry and elderberry). We have all these rocks lying around, and Jim decided it would be nice to use some of them! We had actually talked about doing this a while back, but I was thinking *small* rocks. Like the kind I can pick up with two hands. :) He, on the other hand, was thinking *big* rocks. Like the kind that need to be rolled onto and off a trailer, and rolled into place . . . Then we came up with the idea of adding a gate in this wall. Which led to calling up my Grampa to see if he minded up using a couple of the old granite fence posts from his land next door . . . which led to Jim dragging them over here with the tractor, and enlisting the aid of my dad to get them in place. Jim will build a wooden gate to go between the posts, eventually--which I think will look really cool!Did I mention that Saturday was a HOT day? :) Well, it was, but in spite of that, we got a lot done! I am really liking the way this area is starting to look now. We have more wall to build, but we have a great start!

Sunday was a more relaxing day, with a lazy morning and then church in the afternoon. I just had to post these pictures of my little cuties. :) This was Sam's first time ever wearing a coat and tie--we are not really "suit" people, and Jim really hates wearing ties, in particular. He calls them nooses. ;) But we were given these hand-me-downs for Sam and he was super excited about the coat and tie, and wanted to wear them to church. Of course he got too hot in the coat and it came off before we even got to church . . . but he looked so handsome and grown up that I had to take a picture to capture the moment. :)

On Monday we headed off on a little adventure to buy some stovepipe that Jim wanted from Craigslist. It was about an hour and a half away from us. We made the day a little extra special with a stop at Dunkin Donuts for breakfast and cheeseburgers from McD's later, followed by Frostys for dessert! (Not a health food day, as you can see! :)) We also did a little shopping at Lowe's and Kohl's on the way home. The kids were entertained by listening to 3 Patch the Pirate CDs and they were SO good for the whole trip. And we got to drive some back roads and see some pretty scenery and beautiful old houses and farms, which we always enjoy! Then it was back home to work on a little bit of yard clean-up for the rest of the afternoon, with blackened chicken, deviled eggs, and rhubarb cake for supper. Yum! I think we made the most of our weekend and it was lots of fun. :) We didn't get around to planting the garden yet, but hopefully later this week when the rain stops! To top everything off, we had an awesome thunderstorm in the wee hours of the morning (I love thunderstorms!), and then a moose walked through our backyard mid-morning today. So it was a really full and exciting weekend!

1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

That is a fine looking bunch, my friend! They are SO CUTE!!! I like the color coordination of their clothes too! It just adds to the pictures!

What a fun weekend it sounds like you had! That looks like an exciting project. Hard work, oh my, but well worth the effort. Oh to have access to rocks like that! I love rocks. :)