Saturday, May 19, 2012

Perfect Saturday

Boy, what a gorgeous day we are enjoying here!! It's one of those days when I don't really like to stay inside, but alas . . . bread must be made, dishes must be washed, checkbook-keeping must be done! Anyway, I will get outside later today and do some digging in the dirt or something fun like that!

This is an extra-perfect Saturday because my hubby has the day off!!!!! For the past year, he mostly has only had Sundays and Mondays off, so it was really nice when this week's schedule had him off on Saturday, Sunday, AND Monday! We are also praising God because he had a little extra carpentry work earlier this week. I was going over our accounts this morning and marveling at God's faithfulness to us. He is *always* faithful, whether Jim has had little work or lots of work--our needs have always been provided for. The kids and I just this week finished reading a biography of George Muller for school--he is one of my favorite Christian "heroes" to read about. Not only did he have a heart for orphans, but he daily relied on God to meet the needs of all of those orphans. My kids loved hearing this story and I hope it impressed on them just how important a life of prayer and faith is.
We finished up school this week, and we are all super excited about that!! Sam just has 2 sections of his achievement test to finish up, and then we are done with second grade!! I have not done a very good job documenting this school year on the blog, but I hope to do a little recap soon. For now . . . I'm going to go enjoy the rest of my Saturday! :)

2 comments:

1HappyWife said...

Beautiful here too :)!!!!
George Muller is one of our FAVORITES!! Every christian should read his book :). Off to enjoy the last few hours of the day :).
Congratulations on finishing school!!! Lord willing we will wrap up this week! YIPPEE!!!

Mary Ann said...

Sounds like your Saturday was as beautiful as ours. I love this time of year - nice & warm but not too hot & the whole summer ahead of us to look forward to :-)
I have often thought I should read up on George Mueller. I need to do some looking in our church library for a biography.