Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sam's birthday in pictures

At long last, I am finally posting pictures from Sam's big day! We had such a fun family day doing all kinds of fun stuff. It worked out nicely that Sam's birthday fell on Jim's day off.

First we went candlepin bowling . . . he looks so old in this picture!!
I love watching the kids bowl. It's so cute!

Josiah was proud to be the big winner of the game!
Then we went to Chili's for lunch, because we happened to have coupon that made the kids' meals free!
We don't go out often to anyplace other than fast-food, so this was a big treat for everyone. Sam even got a free dish of ice cream when the waitress found out it was his birthday! :)
After that, we did a little shopping, and then came home to get ready for his party. My parents and Grampa came over for supper. After we ate, Sam unwrapped some fun presents, like a sleeping bag . . .
and a super hero cape made by his Grammy!
And then it was time for cake and ice cream! He drew me a picture of what he wanted his cake to look like. Can you tell what it is?
Ah, here's a better view:
Blowing out the candle--I love his expression!
It was a great day and we all had so much fun! I love to make birthdays special for my kiddos. (Remind me of that when I am staying up late again to make Julia and Josiah's cakes next month, okay? :))

4 comments:

The Two of Us said...

Awww...those are great pictures! He is so expressive! I can't believe how fast they grow up.

1HappyWife said...

I love all the smiles! Your kids are getting sooooo big! Beautiful job on the cake!!!!

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Sam!!!! Looks like a FUN day. Silas REALLY wants to go bowling for his birthday this year???? It would be fun. :) Your cake looks wonderful too.

syds1girl said...

What a fun day. It was great to see all your pictures. That cake was beautiful - did you make it? Yes, his face when blowing out the candles was priceless!